Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Final Reflections on the last Day of Class...

Here we are, it is the last day of class. My project is finished and in the drop box. I feel relieved, but also a bit sad. As I always do at the end of a project, I wish I had done more. It would have been nice to have a bit more time to perfect my project. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with my final product, but I am a perfectionist, so it will never live up to my expectations.

I think I did pretty well for someone who had never used Flash before this class. If I could go back and do it again, the biggest thing I would fix is my character design. I like the character of the cactus, but he changes from scene to scene. I should have been more careful about that.

Also, if I had had more time, I would have loved to have animated the whole thing frame by frame. The puppet animation was easier and still worked fine, but I just prefer the look of hand drawn, frame by frame animation. I think using puppets is almost like taking the easy way out.

Overall, I think that this class was a fun learning experience. It has given me the great new skill of being able to animate in Flash. I am excited about that, especially since I am about to graduate in a few days and won't have access to the 2D animation capture stations here at Montgomery Hall any more. I liked the class, and I liked my project, so I think this quarter was a success.

Also, I would like to thank everyone who gave me feedback on my project along the way. I really appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. it sounds like we had a similar experience. first-timers with the program coupled with perfectionism and we're basketcases, haha. :)

    but as i've been following your progress I'll be completely honest... I didn't know you were a flash first-timer! It looked/looks to me like you've used the program frequently. so you really did a great job with it. sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this idea from the minute you mentioned it in class. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete