Friday, March 27, 2009

Script

Here is the script for my animation. There is no dialogue, but there are a few sound effects. I created it as a table in the word document like the sample the professor gave us, but I don't know how to post a table on here, so I did it as bullet points instead.

  • Establishing shot of a house with a birthday banner above the door, a balloon tied to the mailbox, and a cactus in a pot next to the porch.
  • Shot of the cactus waking up and stretching. (Sound effect: yawning)
  • Pan of the cactus’ point of view, stopping on the balloon on the mailbox.
  • C/U of the cactus’ face.
  • C/U of the balloon.
  • C/U of the cactus with the balloon reflecting in its eyes.
  • Shot of the cactus reaching out towards the balloon and falling over. (Sound effect: thud of falling cactus)
  • Shot of the cactus picking itself up and starting to hop to the mailbox. (Sound effect: flower pot hitting driveway as cactus hops)
  • Shot of the cactus untying the balloon from the mailbox.
  • C/U of the cactus smiling.
  • Shot of the cactus giving the balloon a hug.
  • Shot of the balloon popping. (Sound effect: balloon pops)
  • C/U of the cactus being sad.

2 comments:

  1. (I know you're not after me on the roster, but I thought I'd be nosy and comment anyways XD )

    The script looks promising so far. I like the way you're working with a simple but effective premise, and I think personifying a cactus will be interesting.

    If there's one thing I might say, though, it would be to think about mixing up your shots. I don't know what you plan on doing besides the close ups, but even for those I think it would be interesting to mix up shots or combine a few of them (instead of having a lot of cuts). But besides that, I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea, it's very simple and almost cliche, but if you do the cactus with a lot of appeal and sympathy it'll go over excellently.
    I'd like to see some variety in the shots, too. Like a long shot when the cactus is hopping down the driveway or something! Can't wait to see this one.

    ReplyDelete