Monday, March 23, 2009

One of my favorite animations

I have wanted to be an animator since before I knew what they were called. When I was really young, I saw cartoons and became very interested in how they were made. I grew up on Disney, Nickelodeon, and of course, the Looney Tunes. One of my favorite characters has always been Daffy Duck. One of the best examples of Daffy is Chuck Jones' brilliant piece, "Duck Amuck," which you will see below.




I love this animated short, not just because it is funny and entertaining, but because of how it involves the story of the animator's relationship with the character. While watching most animation, people tend to forget or not think about the fact that someone had to sit down and draw all of those pictures. "Duck Amuck" shows in a fun and interesting way sort of how animation works. I also love the bright colors and the simple, cartoony style of Chuck Jones' animtation. He is one of the biggest influences on the way I want to animate in my own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment