Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Rotoscoping

Our latest tutorial is on rotoscoping. Basically, rotoscoping is tracing over video footage for reference purposes. The first one is from a weird, not really working very well walk cycle. Here it is. I am not that happy with it, because I didn't really get time to make the character look cool. It is just a boring blue man walking very briskly across the screen. I am currently working on a second rotoscoped piece using footage of my roommate doing this weird bird walk thing. It should be interesting.



And here is the second one. It is my roommate, Theresa, pretending to be a bird. I colored her yellow and orange like Big Bird. It isn't too pretty, but I understand how to rotoscope and use frame by frame animation in Flash.

*I re-exported the video, and the little boxes have gone away!!!


1 comment:

  1. Thats really weird that so many came out. I have the same problem with the one we were supposed to do in class. Except they came out on random frames and kept popping in and out. When I check on flash nothing seems to be happening until I export it. hmm? No idea why. If you figure it out let me know, and I will do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete